
This is so far the concept for the new kitchen. Above the stove is a microwave/range hood thingy, and we had them raise the cabinets above the sink and add a shelf. We have yet to decide on knobs vs handles, but I want the cleanest lines possible, soooo,, I will let you know! Yaaayyyy for progress! The crappy part is, it will take more time than we thought for them to come in, and I was hoping to have it done before the move. Oh well, dinners out I guess, lol.
4 comments:
Ooo, how exciting! I would want a built in lazy susan, a spice shelf thingy and probably knobs cause they are easier to clean...
Oh don't forget those nifty pull out cutting board things, those are nice to have!
My brother in law, a master carpenter and cabinet maker asked my hubby and I what we wanted to do to our kitchen today.
We did finally agree (after 15 years that the ceiling and lower cabinets had to be replaced before anything else, and... that an island which would double my counter and cabinet space would not be a problem.
I'm afraid to get my hopes up, but it would be absolutely WONDERFUL to have a really functional kitchen.
Not that I haven't managed to cook meals for 30 or 40 on holidays as it is...
As I also have a step-brother who runs a sawmill cutting and kiln drying all sorts of wood, my cabinets could be awesome...
Cross your finger folks, that I can bring all these people together to remodel my kitchen!
I envy you being able to hire professionals to do your remodeling. If there's anything worse than depending on the kindness of strangers, it's depending on the kindness and skill of relatives :-)
Well, my brother is a building contracter, so he is doing the actual install for me, cheaper than the kitchen place, lol. My daughter is a painter, so she is coming over from the island to do the painting in one of the bedrooms and the basement. She is also taking a construction course, so she may be able to help with the install, my brother is an awesome teacher/mentor. Having the kitchen designed by a proffesional was nice though, a few ideas I had were not practical, and it was nice to have someone come up with other solutions I would never had thought of.
You are SO fortunate! I can't wait to see photos of your finished kitchen.
Don't be holding your breath for photos of mine !!
Post a Comment