About Me

My photo
A mom, a grandma, and a sexy beast (ok just a beast before my first cup of coffee)

Saturday, January 16, 2010

the aftermath of life

Well, holidays are done, and the earthquake happened. Wow. I can't help it, I am glued to CNN and Anderson Cooper. I think life can get difficult, I think I should be in a better place in life at my age, I think others are getting by better than me with less than me, then I watch tv. What a wake up call that is! I doubt I would have the strenght so many of these people have, I doubt I would have the faith, the resiliance, the fight for life and a better future. Why does it take other peoples trials and sufferings to make me realize I really don't have it as bad as I think? It makes me feel selfish and ungratful. I am not a negative person, on most days, I am not a 'cup half empty' kind of gal, and yet it has really made me realize that I have let myself feel negative without actually acknowledging it. I do have a good life, I have water, I have electricity, and I know where my loved ones are. I can only hope the same can be said for all the people suffering now as soon as possible.

2 comments:

maiden53 said...

SUPER great post! I agree totally. When I feel bad about life, I look around at all I have, not just the awesome material things but MY FAMILY and FRIENDS!Life IS good :-)

unmitigated me said...

My 20-year-old daighter is one of those "Oh my life sucks!" people. I spend a lot of time putting things in perspective for her. This post says it very nicely.