About Me

My photo
A mom, a grandma, and a sexy beast (ok just a beast before my first cup of coffee)

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Be careful what you wish for

Ok, so I have been whining about snow, or lack of. My last post was of the joys of snow, and sludging through it. Yes, I LOVE LOVE LOVE walking in the snow, especially when it *squeeks* beneath my boots. But..... "T" is suppose to go home to her mom's for Christmas. Well, thanks to the latest dump of snow, we may not get there. In order to get her home, it is an hour to the ferry, then a two hour ferry ride to the island. The roads are not clear, so how I am suppose to get her to the ferry is a mystery to me. Unless I catch a ride on a snowblower, or a snowmobile, I am at a complete loss. She has assured me and her mom she is ok with holding off on Christmas, but tonight I caught her quietly crying in the bathtub. I don't know how much was bathwater and how much was tears! She wants her mom, Christmas or not, and when you promise a child (in nice weather) they are going home, a white out blizzard just doesn't cut it as an excuse to break that promise. Broken promises lead to broken hearts,, hers, her mom's, and mine. We are going to make an attempt tomorrow to get to the terminal, but I have warned her that if it is not safe, we are turning back. If ever I have wished for a Christmas miracle, now is the time. I would write a letter to Santa myself if I thought he would make a special trip on his sleigh! Wish us luck everyone!

3 comments:

pipper said...

I am praying for a heat wave for you!! Any chance at all that the snow will clear?

Anonymous said...

We had more snow overnight, today is the only day that we are not suppose to get more. Another snowfall is coming Tuesday/Wednesday. I have been up since 6am watching the traffic reports on the news, lots of roads are at a standstill. Not looking to promising so far!

Talina said...

I hope you can make it. I'll take the snow off your hands, just send it my way!