Yaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy! Snow has arrived! Parts of the lower mainland already had it, but my home was bypassed :( Finally it is here!!!!!!!!! I love snow, I guess because we don't get much, or very often, I really enjoy it while I can. I can understand some 'grumpy snow bunnies' out there, but I am not one of them! I only needed ONE thing from the store last night, and so, after 20 minutes of bundling up, off we trudged! Yes, I could have taken the car, but why? The roads were pretty bad actually, so taking the car would have been a risk, but who wouldn't want to walk into blizzard conditions just for the heck of it. "T" had a bit of a hard time, she was so layered up she was having a hard time moving, but every time I looked at her, all I saw was glowing red cheeks peeking out over a massive smile. I eventually realized it wasn't really a smile, just her face had frozen into that position. Either way though, I happily plodded on. Took about 20 minutes to get there ( a 2 minute drive under normal conditions), 5 minutes to find and purchace item, and 40 minutes to fight the wind home. I couldn't believe how much easier it was to walk with the wind at my back. My eyes were being pelted with snow, like someone was throwing darts at my face. Tears were streaming from them, oddly enough they didn't freeze to my cheeks. "T" was now sporting a new frozen face, a bit more of a grimace than a smile this time, but after I threatened to leave her in a snow bank and I would come back in the spring for her, she managed to speed up a bit. By now my "Winter Wonderland" feeling was turning into a"Winter What-the-hell-was-I-thinking" feeling. Our house is white, I was afraid I would walk right past it,, lol. We did arrive home, another 15 minutes of unlayering and throwing everything into the bathtub to thaw and drip. Hot chocolate was made, well, ok,, wine was also poured,, heehee, and after cleaning out the tub I had a HOT Shower. The best part? The snow is still here, and I think I forgot something at the store........
3 comments:
I don't mind snow, but where I live, snow usually shows up with it's BFF, ice.
Haha! I can just picture you all bundled up and walking. We have had more snow over the past few weeks than we had all last year! I've had my fill of it and I will gladly send it your way:)
Snow is only fun when you don't have to go out in it huh? Hope you can stay inside and enjoy it.
Looks like we are going to have a wet and soggy christmas, just rain, no snow for us. I am sad....
Post a Comment