About Me

My photo
A mom, a grandma, and a sexy beast (ok just a beast before my first cup of coffee)

Friday, February 20, 2009

Couches and Countertops





First off, the counter tops. I have a small kitchen island thingy, the top is half butcher block and half marble (shown in pic). In picking my countertop, I had to make sure they wouldn't clash, or have the design be to 'busy'. In a small kitchen that can be a disaster! The sample I am holding is the counter we have picked, I think they should compliment each other pretty well, and the cabinets/drawers are the same light wood.

As for the couch, ok, the picture horrified my kid when I emailed it to her. Right now, I have a black futon for a couch, and it hurts my ass! Seriously, I swear that metal bar will have to be surgically removed from my posterier one of these days. The futon will be going in the basement and will double as a guest bed, but I still needed a decent couch. I saw this,, and yes, I fell in love! After visiting many many many furniture stores I was getting frustrated, the majority of couches out there right now are the larger over-stuffed style. The sad thing is, I love them, I love to lose myself in a couch, flip/flop/flap all over the place. Since the car accident though, I can't sit on one for very long, I have huge issues with my neck and shoulder if they are not supported properly, and therefor I needed a firmer couch than most people. Looking at the picture, it does not look comfortable, but really it was perfect. In the showroom I sat on every cushion, I laid down both directions, they were looking a little worried,, lol. I hate the throw pillows they had for display, so I went and found some solid black ones from another display (but forgot to take the picture with them instead) and it looked really good. I am now on the hunt for two black chairs to go with it, and an area rug. I did find a recliner I liked, it was not to big, and supported my neck perfectly, but it was brown. It was at a Sears furniture outlet store, so you got what they had, there was no fabric or colour choices, and I just can't do brown. I have find chairs I liked that would compliment the couch perfectly, but either they weren't comfortable, or they were going to hurt my neck. I tell ya, a pain in the neck really can be a pain in the ass,, lol. Today if I have time I am going to extend my search to Coquitlam for furniture, but first I have to go put the deposit on the kitchen stuff, sign off on the final design etc, go to the lawyers, drop off papers, box hunt, and confirm the carpert for the stairs and the paint colours for one of the bedrooms, did I mention I am ONE WEEK AWAY from my possesion date? Booooyahhh!!!!

2 comments:

Badness Jones said...

I like the couch too - very sleek. The overstuffed ones can be very comfy, but a lot of them are bufugly, and they take up too much space! Go sleep in a bed, people!

Brand New W said...

i think it's fabulous!