About Me

My photo
A mom, a grandma, and a sexy beast (ok just a beast before my first cup of coffee)

Friday, February 13, 2009

An old kitchen, a new plan!



This is the 'old to them, new to me' kitchen. We went today and got it all measured up for new cabinets/counter tops etc. Sooo exciting! I will not be putting a table in there, I have a butcherblock island that is going where the table is, which is right beneath the kitchen window. We are putting in black counter tops, and a light wood set of cabinets. The stove is being moved over one cabinet space, so it will be to the right more, and on the left of the stove we are putting in drawers instead of a cupboard. The drawers we have picked are really awesome, they are 'unslammable', lol. After a certain distance, they close themselves, how cool is that! One thing missing from the kitchen is a vent above the stove, but we found a built in microwave that goes over the stove, and the vent is attached to the underside, so no microwave on the counter. I wanted a passthrough knocked through above the sink, but there is an issue with something in the wall there, so we are having cabinets a bit higher than the ones in the picture, and I am going to have shelves installed for some of my glass canisters (coffee/sugar/tea) to sit on. I hate counter clutter, and in a small kitchen it can be very cluttered very fast.
Soooo, that was my day today,, fun fun fun! Possesion date is Feb 28, and hopefully everything ordered will be in by then, and then the massacre can begin!

5 comments:

Badness Jones said...

Wah! Jealous! I want a new kitchen! (insert full-on temper tantrum here)

Can't wait to see the 'after' photos!

Donna B. said...

Wow. You're redoing a kitchen that already has twice the counter space and looks way newer than mine.

I'm jealous too!

And very happy for you.

Brand New W said...

renos!!! how fun! i can't wait to see the finished product! i'm a huge fan of those makeover shows on HGTV like Hidden Potential or Debbie Travis' Facelift etc. etc!

Anonymous said...

I love renovations! And I'm extremely jealous! I can't wait to see pictures and hear how everything is coming together!

lupingirl said...

That's pretty exciting! When we moved into this apartment, the thing I was most excited about was the fact that we have an island in the kitchen, so we have twice as much counter space as before - woohooo!!