I am in limbo! I am going through empty nest syndrome now that "T" has returned to her mom. School has started again, and I could hear the kids outside heading back. I had nobody to wake up, shove in the shower, feed, make lunch for, and trudge out into the slush with. Who knew I would miss it so much? I need a project, but am dumbfounded as to what to do. Years ago, pre-accident, I worked. When I had a day off, I enjoyed it. Now every day is a day off, and you can't really enjoy a day off unless you have earned it. I have been told by two doctors I won't be able to work again, which sucks. Different if you win the lottery and quit work, and you can do what you want and enjoy life. I love golf, I love tennis, but I can't do either one. Back in the day, when I needed a change, I would rearrange my furniture, I can't do that now. I have friends, I have family, but I don't have me. Well, not the me I want,, lol. I have thought of volunteering, but sometimes my right side completely locks up, which is really embarrassing when other people are around. At least at home I can deal with it. I have thought of finding a job where I can work from home, on my own time/shedule, but so far have come up with nothing. I love crafts, but I don't have the talent to make things to sell. It isn't even that money is the issue, just the purpose of contributing to something, self satisfaction of completing something.
As soon as the snow/slush clears up, I will be going back to the gym. Right now the side streets are to disgusting for me to try to drive on, one arm doesn't make for the best reflexes in this weather. I love the gym, I am trying to gain some weight, build some muscle, and I used to live right across the street from it. That was awesome, but now I am across town, so not so convenient.
I am off to search the net for some 'to do' ideas, wish me luck!
The excitement of almost spring…
6 years ago
4 comments:
I wish I had some suggestions for you, but I honestly have no clue. Instead I send you many good luck vibes in that you find what you're looking for ASAP!!
You might have more talent than you think when it comes to crafts. What kind do you like to do?
If you don't think your talents are good enough to sell but you can still sew, knit or crochet, what about making things for charity, like premie caps, or lap quilts, or something like that? I saw a website where people make simple A-line skirts for girls in an orphanage. something to think about...
hmm how about volunteering somewhere?
Post a Comment