About Me

My photo
A mom, a grandma, and a sexy beast (ok just a beast before my first cup of coffee)

Saturday, January 10, 2009

A new plan, an old idea...

Never one to go small, I have decided to get myself out of limbo, I am going to go shopping. Some shop for shoes, some shop for lipstick, I am shopping for a house! When I was married, we owned a home, it was great! Since the breakup of my marriage, I have rented, which is not so great. I like the place I am in, but I am really paying someone elses morgage.
One of my ex's ex's, if that made sense, is in real estate, so I called her up and we are on the hunt. I really shouldn't say house though, I am more in line for a townhouse/condo. For one thing, a house is more expensive, and I don't think I could do the upkeep. Townhouses have strata fees, which suck, but at least the main/heavy duty yard work etc is covered. I just want somewhere with a small yard or patio that I can still have my planters, bbq etc and have some privacy. I have seen a few listings, nothing really has jumped out at me yet, but when I find the right one, I will be ready! I am in no rush to move, so the pressure is off, but I love looking. I love those shows where people are house hunting, I yell at the tv,, PICK THAT ONE!! I like seeing the befores and afters, how they make it there own. I used to rent a townhouse, and all the units were identical. It fascinated me how you could go into someone elses, and even though the layout was the same, they could make it look like a completely different house just by moving furniture in a different way than I had. I will keep you posted how the hunt is going.
As for the old idea, I am going to make shadow boxes. I have 3 that I have bought, all wine related, and they are pretty awesome. I have alot of Vancouver Canuck 'stuff', some of which is displayed. Then there are ticket stubs from games, programs etc, that I keep but really don't look good on a book shelf. I think they will look good in a shadow box though. I have never made one, but look forward to the challenge. I am going to make one dedicated to Bobby Orr as well, he is my favourite all time player, he is the one I remember most from my childhood, and have some hockey cards etc with him. I have a signed stick and a large framed picture, so I will make a small shadow box to add to the collection, I am pretty excited to have a project looming before me! I will post pictures when I am done.
Now I am off for more coffee, as that is number one on my daily 'to do' list!

4 comments:

Donna B. said...

Don't wait until you're done for photos. I want to know how to make a shadowbox!

Brand New W said...

omg fun!! good luck on the house hunting! it's a good time to buy, right? lowered prices and all...

i love those shows too! Do you watch Property Virgins or House Hunters??? Cut to me on my birthday eating cheese and crackers shouting, "pick that one! pick that one!!!"

Anonymous said...

I love House Hunters! I'm always telling the buyers my opinions:) Have a great time house hunting. It should be much less stressful since you're not in a hurry.

And, I want to know how to make a shadow box....I smell a new blog post coming from you soon:)tryogi

Donna B. said...

You've been tagged:
http://opiningonline.com/2009/01/11/six-non-important-things-about-me/

word verification: arandoxi. Sounds nice, I wonder what it means?