About Me

My photo
A mom, a grandma, and a sexy beast (ok just a beast before my first cup of coffee)

Thursday, January 1, 2009

OOOPS, I Missed it Again!

I snored my way through New Years,, hmmmph! I had plans, two friends were coming over. One of them ended up with stomach flu, and decided she would rather use her toilet every 5 minutes than mine. I admit when I am sick, I like my own bathroom over someone elses, better reading material,,lol. The other friend ended up also sick, but she was actually in the hospital, so we are talkin bedpans here! Ya,, ummm, I don't happen to have any of those, so that was a bit of a no brainer! In the long run (or in some case,, the runs,, hehe) it turned out for the best because I ended up feeling like crap too. I made it until 11pm, watched celebrations around the world, but missed my own. I just couldn't stay awake. This morning there is an unopened bottle of champagne on the counter. Some where around here are some juice boxes left over from "T", soooo, I don't know if it is politcally correct to crack a juice box into a champagne glass,, hehe, but I just may do it. I am not a huge orange juice fan, but mixed with some champagne it might make it more bearable, and for a few minutes I will feel rich and indulgent. Then again, I will feel the guilt of using "T"'s juice to fuel grandma's drinking habits,, soooo,, oh what the heck eh?

4 comments:

Talina said...

Ha! We missed the new year switch over too. I was tired and when N got home we were in deep discussions about childbirth...

Becky said...

I didn't do much for New Year's, I just rang it in watching movies and eating pizza and popcorn.

Anonymous said...

We played Animal Crossing on the Wii(did you get yours yet)? And were in bed by 11. I had to work the next morning.

But, there is nothing wrong than indulging in drinking a mimosa:)

Hope your friends are feeling better. And here's to a wonderful New Year for us all:)

Brand New W said...

all the best for 2009!