Well, I am getting fed up. Sorry for the self indulgance, but that is what a blog is for,, right?
It has been over 3 years since the car accident, and yet I am still litterally feeling the pain in the neck. I have dreams, I have plans, I have a life waiting to be lived, but NOOOOO,, days like today happen and snap me back to reality. One goal I have is to gain some weight, I go to the gym trying to build muscle, I eat protiens and carbs in a healthy balance, I make sure my iron levels, vitamins, fiber etc meet the the daily requirments. I walk, I drink tons of water, and yet, my body defies me. WHY?? Today I woke up with neck pain, and now it has traveled down my right arm. I am used to pain, I live with it every day, but there are days (insert TODAY) that it overwhelms me. I hate pain killers, they screw with my head and I don't like that. I hate feeling groggy. I met with a ICBC lawyer one day (insurance in my province) and she couldn't understand why I didn't like painkillers. Well, killing pain is good, but,,, to me, pain is a good indication you shouldn't do something. If you are doped up on painkillers, isnt that a bad thing? You will not know your body is telling you NOT to do something that is damaging you. I think pain is a good way of knowing that your body part has reached it's limit. I don't mean like a headache, yes a Tylonol is good then, but really, if you have a broken limb, and you buff the pain, then how do you know that reaching for that plate is actually doing more damage? "Oh, it doesn't hurt" as you wrench your arm even further out of joint can't be a good thing. I need something to numb the pain but still tell my brain to stop when I am harming myself. I hate drugs, even smoking pot is useless (although I haven't done it in over 20 years, I just know). As I said, this post is very self indulgent, but really I am looking suggestions. I go to the doctors here, and they want to give me drugs that will totally wipe me out, and my doctor that I have had for 20 years, and I love and trust, is on the island, so that is a pain in the butt for me to see. (now ya get the pain in the neck vs pain in the butt reference,, lol). The last time I took a perscription from another doctor, I was hilucinating that they were killing baby's with hammers, so ya, I don't want to go there again! Has anyone out there ever found something that will help with pain, but not screw up the brain? I want to go numb, but not dumb! Feel no pain, but not go insane? Wow, how many rymes can I do,,,, at least two,, hahahaha! Thanks for any feed back on the subject, and I promise to be much happier on my next post, cause your the most! (ok, the last one was lame,, sorry,,lol)
The excitement of almost spring…
6 years ago
4 comments:
You know I totally agree with your view on painkillers. Now let me ask, why is it that you are still in so much pain? Is something healing or what?
To me pain is an indication that something is not well or as it should be, there must be someone who can help you to get to the source of the pain and fix the issue as opposed to just masking it.
How about a chiropractor or a specialist?
I had surgery on it, and physiotherapy as well. I did go to a chiropractor, but he said he wouldn't be able to do any good. I was told it is something I am going to have to live with.
There are so many different kinds of meds that help with the pain and not put you in la-la land. A lot of times you have to play around with them to see what works for you.
Does heat or ice help? I hope that you are able to find something sooner rather than later.
I so understand. My ankles have been injured so many different times that it is a wonder they work at all.
Arthritis and sinus/cluster headaches/migraines seem to run in my family.
My greatest fear is of falling. My left ankle sometimes seems to refuse to work and I fear that I will fall.
My headaches sometimes cause me to be so dizzy that I am afraid to even try to walk because I might fall.
After your injuries, I'm sure you fear broken bones as much as I do and I sympathise with the pain that an improperly healed ( healed, yes... without pain, no) injury can cause.
My sympathies hon, because I have nothing else to offer.
Post a Comment